Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Acronyms 1.1 *A satire*

So, lemme get this straight....If someone can come along and rename children of the military: c.h.a.m.p.s, why did they stop there?  Everyone is a *hero* these days, right???  Why aren't military spouses call "S.H.O.M.P.S" Spouse Heroes Of Military Personnel", or if that's too generic we could call the wives "W.H.O.M.P.S" (my mom would kill me) or husbands could be "H.H.O.M.P.S" parents could be "P.H.O.M.P.S" Wouldn't that be awesome, just freaken amazing????  

Let's do it.  I mean seriously, I've never lead those lives but kinda understand what it's like, I saw the life my mother had and watched some tv shows, so that makes me an expert, right???   Why not write a book to bridge the gaps between shomps, whomps and hhomps and their civilian counterparts?  I hope the U.S.O. is ready for me, because I'm packing my bags.   I mean, why not, no one's going to care what an outsider calls them, right...we're ALL freaken HEROES after all.  

Oh but why stop there????   Civilian children could be called "C.H.U.M.P.S" for Civilian Hero Unattached to Military Personnel. Oh, yeah they're gonna love, love, love it!!!  I'm hearing the cash registers ringing already from all the books I'm gonna write and sell.  Who better to write book about civilian kids, than a person who never lived that life either???   This is getting so good, I may have to open a nonprofit, myself.  SHUMPS, WHUMPS and of course, the obligatory HHUMPS, which is actually pretty funny!  Or better yet, why not just lump them all together as ages, genderless, C.H.U.M.P.S?

Yes, we are all HEROES and deserve so much recognition for being part or not, of the Military.

Oh My Gosh, I forgot about people of the Stolen Valor mentality.  Hmmmm, what acronym should they be given???  How about C.H.I.M.P.S?  Civilian Heroes Impersonating Military Personnel.  Why, yes, after all...they're still heroes.  Right?!?

♫Copyrights,  I'll need a few...and maybe even a Trademark or two♫ 
(Because, this is my life, and I'm doing it Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wayyyyyyyyyy)

If this offends you, Welcome to my world and too bad, no cookie for you...

However, if you can see the humor in this, Congratulations you're either a BRAT, know someone who is a BRAT or love a BRAT and can just plainly see the point.  You, Yes, You get a cookie and a hug!    

17 comments:

  1. Can my C.H.U.M.P. get a cookie, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hooray for cookies! and thanks for stopping by and reading this, your time and effort is appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Got some strange looks at lunch for laughing at this!

    I'll help write the books...and maybe we can tour Europe (since that's the ONLY place civilians are) to sell them. OOO! OOO! OOO! We have to write a song...The thoughts are flowing...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard, navy_brat_1972!! Europe and don't forget about the Pacific, start packing your bags we're going on a whirlwind tour!

      Delete
    2. Nope. I'm gonna Fink your idea and make it my own! *evil laugh* ;-)

      Delete
    3. I just got off the phone with some would be sponsors of the project. They didn't really like the ideas and suggested that the acronyms be changed to more positive, politically correct ones. I suggested that they go *fink* themselves, they didn't like that either! hahahahaha

      Delete
  4. DABBIT! I want to follow your blog...but I can't find the FOLLOW BLOG button! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chuckles. Not much about this has been laugh producing so far. We have to be able to laugh to maintain our sense of self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, we do need to maintain our sense of self and manage to preserve our history and sanity from those who can't have cookies. Thanks for taking your time to read this and leave a comment.

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I laughed from paragraph two onward! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the coffee spewed on my monitor for laughing so hard while reading this one! Too freaking funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Army BRAT here. BRAT sure beats the heck out of some of the other names I've been called in my life. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, BRAT (in any form) is by far the mildest that I've been called. It's also the one that makes me smile.

      Delete